No products in the cart.
Hands Casting Kit,Plaster Statue Molding Kit
Featuring the largest 2 person hand casting kit available on the market. Includes 1.5lbs of Step 1 custom “Luna Bean” molding powder, 2.75lbs of Step 2 premium strength casting stone, and a casting bucket approximately 8 inches in diameter.
All hand casting kits are not created equal and the molding powder we supply is manufactured to our specifications and is unique to Luna Bean casting kits. You will not find a higher quality molding powder in any retail or pre-assembled casting kit on the market. Our exclusive formula includes chromatic (color-changing) properties to help guide you through the molding phase. When the off-white powder is added to water, it starts out a bright pink, will slowly lose color while mixing, and starts the setting phase once it has turned back to the original off-white color. The result is a highly detailed, very strong mold. It is hypo-allergenic and can be used on even the most sensitive skin.
For the final cast, we use a premium high strength Gypsum Cement that dries pristine white, provides fine detail, and is chip & chalk resistant. It has high green strength (such as when demolding), remains workable while wet, and gains its full strength once 100% dry. Overall, it is 4-5X stronger than the traditional art plaster or “plaster of Paris.”
With MORE THAN DOUBLE THE MATERIALS of our Standard kit, you will be able to cast up to 6 hands with this extra-large kit! What is involved? Those involved in the casting will be required to maintain the casting bucket for about 2-5 minutes. You will not need to be completely motionless the entire time, but you will not be able to leave your position in the casting bucket. Although one person can do it, we recommend that there are 2 people available to assist with the casting process. You will need a small table or stool that can be accessed easily and comfortably from all sides. Other than that, you need water, some mixing bowls, large spoons, and the willingness to possibly get a little messy. Included in the Kit: Create-A-Mold molding powder, plaster casting stone, durable reusable bucket, sanding screen, de-molding stick, demolding spook, detailing pin, sanding paper, directions, link to online photo directions.
- LARGE COUPLE SIZE!: Taller and wider bucket plus more molding & casting materials than other 2 person kits!
- CAST HANDS: 2 Adult hands; 2 Adults + 1 small child; One X-large adult hand; or 2-4 Young Children. See the Luna Bean -XL- kit if you need a larger size for extra-large couples’ hands or 3+ people.
- PRESERVE EVERY PRECIOUS DETAIL!: The unique rubbery mold captures every fine line and fingerprint for a perfect one of a kind treasured gift. The Step 1 alginate molding material is Luna Bean’s highest quality custom “Create-A-Mold” molding gel formula. It has more working time, forms a stronger mold, provides better detail, and has bolder color-changing properties than other craft brands.
- MADE IN THE USA A FUN and MEMORABLE gift activity for family, couple holding hands, and friends to create a PRICELESS memory. This heartfelt gift is great for an anniversary, engagement, birthday, valentine’s day, mom, dad, grandparents, friends, or cement a friendship craft gift.
- DO-IT-YOURSELF: Hand Casting Kit – Finish with all-purpose sealant, acrylic pearl paints, just a craft glue & water mix (not included)or leave natural. 100%
ETERNALIZE YOUR LOVE
Your newborn’s tiny hands, the love of your life, or your grandparents… So many people we never want to forget.
A treasured keepsake you can actually touch provides an experience a simple photo could never give. Our kits capture incredible details. Every wrinkle, every curve of your ring, and everything else you love so much about someone will show up.
IN JUST 3 EASY STEPS
Our casting kit is very amateur-friendly and comes with detailed instructions. In less than 30 minutes of work-time, you’ll be amazed at your results.
Great project to do with kids or dogs as well! Don’t worry, even if they wiggle a little it won’t ruin your beautiful creation. The mold hardens in 3 to 9 minutes. If you use warm water, it will be on the short end of the time range.
AN UNFORGETTABLE GIFT
Is someone celebrating a new baby, engagement, or anniversary? What better than to give them the chance to create a unique and memorable keepsake of their special occasion!
And what parents or grandparents would not love to receive a beautiful casting of their loved ones to display in their home?
100% SAFE FOR EVERYONE
The alginate powder in our kit is hypoallergenic and non-toxic. It’s based on organic seaweed and has passed strict testing! Everyone can join in on the fun!
HOW TO USE?
Create the Mold
After mixing, insert hands for about 2-3 minutes. Once the mold sets, the hands are wiggled out of the molding material.
Pour the Cast
Mix the bag of casting stone with water. Pour the casting mixture into the mold and allow it to harden.
De-Mold the Statue
Carefully tear open the mold to reveal your statue.
Once dry, you may apply a sealant or a finish and mount on a display base.
- Easy, fun, and quick
- Non-toxic ingredients
- A recipe like no other
- Lasts forever
- Personalized service – We hold your hand every step of the way!
Kit Contents INCLUDED:
Plastic molding bucket, 1.5lb
Step 1 molding powder, 2.75lb
Step 2 casting stone, fine sandpaper, coarse sandpaper, demolding stick, detailing pin